Skip to content


Colorado Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?


How do I incorporate in Colorado?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate Colorado agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. The registered agent must either be (1) a natural person at least eighteen years old whose primary residence or usual place of business is in Colorado or (2) an entity whose usual place of business is in this state. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in Colorado?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in Colorado?

One or more as defined in the entity’s bylaws.

Are corporations in Colorado required to file an Annual Report?

Yes. A report must be filed by the end of the second calendar month following delivery of the corporation’s original articles, and every year thereafter in the applicable filing period.

How long does it take to process an application?

Applications filed online are processed immediately. Expedite service is not available for documents that are filed online.

Do I receive any paper work back after filing online?

You may obtain a copy of anything filed with the SOS via the website. Colorado does not send back confirmation copies of filings. Copies are available for free online after the document is processed and put on record.

Who has to file an annual report?

All entities, with the exception of limited partnerships, are required to file an annual report with the Secretary of State. An annual report can be filed online starting at the beginning of the second month prior to the month of organization of the entity.

What are EMail notifications?

The Secretary of State offers two forms of email notification. You may sign up for either one or both forms of notification. One receivea general news which includes updates to documents available for online filing, changes to forms or filing procedures, as well as technology updates. The other is to receive updates for specific business entities of record. You will receive notification whenever a document is filed affecting the business(es) for which you have signed up. This will allow you to track any changes being made to an entity. Also, you will receive email notification when the annual report is due.

Who can be a registered agent?

Any individual at least 18 years of age with a physical address in Colorado may act as a registered agent.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at