Skip to content


Montana Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?


How do I incorporate in Montana?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate Montana agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. The registered agent must maintain a business office that is identical to the registered office, and must be either (1) an individual residing in Montana or (2) a corporation with authority to transact business in Montana. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in Montana?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in Montana?

One or more as specified either in the bylaws or the articles of incorporation.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in Montana?

Yes. An annual report must be filed each year between January 1 and April 15, except for the first calendar year of incorporation.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at