Skip to content


South Dakota Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?


How do I incorporate in South Dakota?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate South Dakota agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. . The registered agent must have a business office identical to the registered office and must be either: (1) an individual residing in South Dakota, or (2) a corporation with authority to transact business in the state. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in South Dakota?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in South Dakota?

One or more as defined in the by-laws.

Are corporations in South Dakota required to file an Annual Report?

Yes. A report must be filed each year before the 1st day of the 2nd month following the anniversary month of its incorporation, except for the year of incorporation.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at