How to reinstate my Nevada LLC?
If your business license has been revoked or the right to transact business is forfeited, how can you reinstate Nevada LLC? It is important to know that a domestic LLC in the state can be reinstated if specific documents are submitted or fees is filed pursuant to NV Rev Stat § 86.276 (2017) with the secretary of state. In order to reinstate, you will have to follow the procedure mentioned below:
Nevada secretary of state reinstatement of any limited liability company that has forfeited their right to transact business in the state will ensure that the said LLC has the right to carry on business in this state and is able to exercise its immunities and privileges, if the business files the following with the Secretary of State:
- A list as required by NRS 86.263, which consists of the name of the limited liability company, file number, names and titles of all of its managers, address, either residence or business, and signature of a manager among others.
- A statement as required by NRS 86.264 i.e., additional filing requirements for certain companies if applicable
- Information required pursuant to NRS 77.310 (Appointment of registered agent)
- A declaration under penalty of perjury, on a form that is being provided by the Secretary of State. It states that a reinstatement has been authorized by a court of competent jurisdiction in Nevada
In order to reinstate Nevada LLC, the business entity in question has to pay to the Secretary of State:
- The filing fee and penalty as set forth in NRS 86.263 and 86.272 for each year when it failed to file the required annual list in a timely manner
- The fee set forth in NRS 86.264, if applicable.
- A fee of $300 for reinstatemen
The filings can be submitted at the office of the Secretary of State by mail, through fax, and in person along with applicable fee and penalty. It has to be mailed to Secretary of State, Status Division, 202 North Carson Street, Carson City NV 89701-4201. Fax: 775-684-7123
Note: If the charter of a business entity has been revoked pursuant to the provisions of NV Rev Stat § 86.276 (2017) and has remained revoked for a period of 5 consecutive years then the charter cannot be reinstated.
IncParadise can file the same for you
How do you revive a Nevada LLC? It is important to know that except as otherwise provided in NRS 86.246 NRS (Requirement to provide to Secretary of State name and contact information of custodian of list of members and managers) or NRS 86.278 (Defaulting companies – Reinstatement under old or new name – regulations), an LLC can apply for renewal or revival pursuant to NV Rev Stat § 86.580 (2013) and this relates back to the date on which the LLC’s charter was revoked and renews or revives the limited-liability company s charter and right to transact business as if such right had at all times remained in full force and effect.