Skip to content


Utah Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?


How do I incorporate in Utah?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate Utah agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. . The registered agent must have a business office identical to the registered office and must be either: (1) an individual residing in Utah, or (2) a corporation or limited liability company with authority to transact business in the state. A corporation may not serve as its own registered agent. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in Utah?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in Utah?

Before any shares are issued, a corporation’s board of directors must consist of one or more individuals. After shares are issued and for as long as a corporation has fewer than three shareholders entitled to vote for the election of directors, its board of directors may consist of a number of individuals equal to or greater than the number of those shareholders.

Are corporations in Utah required to file an Annual Report?

Yes. A report must be filed each year by the end of the 2nd calendar month following the month in which the report form is mailed by the division to the business.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at