How to get a Certificate of Good Standing in Delaware?
Delaware business status is integral to the growth and expansion of a business entity in the state of Delaware. The question is what is the process of application for a Certificate of Status? Keeping in mind, the requirements of different businesses, we have created a step by step approach towards applying for the good standing certificate.
1. Type of Business
The first step is to identify what type of business you are planning to register like if it is a business corporation, professional service corporation, LLC, LP, or any other type of business. This is important as some businesses don’t require a good standing certificate.
2. Type of Status
The Delaware business status is an important factor and is applicable for foreign companies and existing Delaware businesses. A business corporation can be forfeited pursuant to 8 DE Code § 136 (2017) and the certificate of formation of an LLC can be cancelled pursuant to 2 DE Code § 18-104 (d) and 2 DE Code § 18-1108 (2014 through 146th Gen Ass). In such a scenario, a company will have to clear their dues, penalties, taxes, and submit required documents for reinstatement. Prior to reinstatement, the said company will have to apply for a certificate of good standing in Delaware.
You have to provide information specified by the Secretary of the State or Delaware Statutes in your order request for a Delaware certificate of good standing. The following information needs to be provided by a business entity applying for this certificate:
- Name of the business entity as filed in the Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of formation
- Date of formation or registration of the business entity
- The name of the Registered agent and their address
- Confirmation of payment of all types of fees, taxes as well as penalties if any that was due to the secretary of state
4. Order Request
In order to ensure good Delaware business status, you can order or file the certificate of status or good standing with the office of the Delaware Division of Corporations. It can be done in the following ways:
- By Mail: You can request for certificate through mail. You will be required to mail the “Certificate Request Cover Memo” also known as the memo sheet to Delaware Division of Corporations, 401 Federal Street – Suite 4, Dover, DE 19901.
- By Email: You can also send the request for Delaware certificate of good standing along with your credit card information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have to provide specific information on the order request including name of the business entity, credit card payment form or authorization, a daytime phone number, and return address information.
- By Fax: A request for certificate of good standing can also be made through fax at (302) 739-3812 or (302) 739-3813. The fax service is available from 8:00am-11:59pm from Monday to Thursday and from 8:00am -10:30pm on Friday, excluding State Holidays.
- Online: One of the fastest ways to receive a good Delaware business status certificate is by applying Online. We at IncParadise, offer an online request or order option for businesses in the state so that it can be processed as early as possible.
Order Your Delaware Certificate of Good Standing Today!