Skip to content


Hawaii Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?


How do I incorporate in Hawaii?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate Hawaii agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. . The registered agent must be either (1) a resident individual whose business office is the same as the registered office or (2) a corporation with authority to transact business in Hawaii, having a business office identical with the registered office. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in Hawaii?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in Hawaii?

One or more as defined in the bylaws.

Are corporations in Hawaii required to file an Annual Report?

Yes. A report must be filed every year between January 1 and April 1, or on another date specified. The first report must be filed within this period in the year following the calendar year of incorporation.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at