Skip to content


New Mexico Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?

No, unless you are operating a foreign corporation. Foreign corporations are required to register their name annually.

How do I incorporate in New Mexico?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate New Mexico agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. The registered agent must maintain a business office that is identical to the registered office and must be either: (1) an individual residing in New Mexico, or (2) a corporation with authority to transact business in the state. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in New Mexico?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in New Mexico?

One or more as specified and required in the articles of incorporation.

Are corporations in New Mexico required to file an Annual Report?

Yes. A report must be filed within 30 days after its date of incorporation or authorization to do business. Thereafter, it must be filed by the 15th day of the 3rd month following the end of its fiscal year.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at