Skip to content


Vermont Incorporation Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to reserve a corporate name?

No, but it is recommended to reserve a name prior to filing to ensure that it remains available during the incorporation process.

How do I reserve a corporate name?

The reservation of your corporate name will be handled by IncParadise and is included in the price of our service.

Do I have to renew my name registration?

No, domestic corporations are not required to reapply annually; however, foreign corporations doing business in Vermont must register annually.

How do I incorporate in Vermont?

When using our service, IncParadise will file, on your behalf, the required administrative forms and articles of incorporation with the appropriate Vermont agency.

Is a registered agent required?

Yes. . The registered agent must have a business office identical to the registered office and must be either: (1) an individual residing in Vermont, or (2) a corporation with authority to transact business in the state. As part of our ongoing service, IncParadise does provide a registered agent service option that you can select during the online registration process.

How many Incorporators are required to form a corporation in Vermont?

One or more are required.

How many Directors are required to start a corporation in Vermont?

One or more as defined in the entity’s bylaws.

Are corporations in Vermont required to file an Annual Report?

Yes. An annual report must be filed within two and a half months after the close of each fiscal year.

Didn’t find answer to your question? Email as at