How to get a certificate of good standing in nevada?
In order to ensure a domestic or foreign corporation or LLC enjoys a good Nevada business status you will be required to apply for a certificate of good standing in the state. What is the process? How can you apply for the certificate? We have created a step by step approach towards applying for the good standing certificate.
1. Type of Business
The first step is to identify what type of business you are planning to register like whether it is a corporation, LLC, LLLP, or a sole proprietorship. You will also have to apply whether it is a domestic or foreign business entity. This will ensure you are able to make a request for the certificate for the specific business type.
You have to provide information specified by the Secretary of the State or Nevada Statutes in your order request for a Nevada certificate of good standing. The following information needs to be provided by a business entity applying for this certificate:
- Name of the business entity as filed in the articles or certificate of registration
- Date of formation or registration of the business
- State of formation, which in this case would be Nevada
- Physical address of the business entity
- The name of the Registered agent and their address
- Federal tax identification number
3. Order Request
In order to ensure good Nevada business status, you can order or file the certificate of good standing with the office of the Nevada Secretary of State. It can be done in the following ways:
- By Mail: You can request for certificate through mail. You will be required to mail a letter mentioning the name of the business entity along with a fee of $50 through check, credit card authorization, or money order payable to the “Secretary of State”. It has to be mailed to the Secretary of State Barbara K. Cegavske, 202 North Carson Street, Carson City, Nevada 89701-4201.
- By Email: You can also send the request for a certificate of good standing along with your credit card information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have to provide specific information on the order request including name of the business entity, credit card payment form or authorization, a daytime phone number, and return address information.
- By Fax: A request for Nevada certificate of good standing can also be made through fax although this is applicable for expedited orders only. You will have to fax the request along with credit card information to 775-684-5645. Note: There will be an extra fee for expedited requests.
- Online: One of the fastest ways to receive a certificate of good standing in the state of Nevada is by applying Online. We at IncParadise, offer an online request or order option for businesses in the state so that it can be processed as early as possible.
Order Your Certificate of Good Standing Today!