Rhonda Abrams, author of The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies, and president of The Planning Shop, recently wrote an article in USA Today which talks about how a small business is just as likely to become a fast-growing innovative company as a start-up company with major financial backing.
Additionally, she shares her own insights regarding what she has learned in the past twenty years such as:
(1) Developing a business plan and updating it annually.
(2) Getting help when needed.
(3) Hiring for attitude, train for skills.
(4) Using a consultant.
(5) Embracing technology.
(6) Joining an industry association.
(7) Talking to your “competitors.”
(8) If you must have a partner, getting a written partnership agreement before you start your business.
(9) Expecting to change.
To read the article in its entirety, click here.