Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Human Capital practice and the International Society of Certified
Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS) conducted their annual Top Five Total Rewards Priorities survey.
The Top 5 Employer Priorities for 2005 – 2006 were listed as:
- Control health care costs
- Provide rewards programs that attract,motivate, and retain talent
- Address employee willingness to pay a larger portion of benefits coverage
- Manage retirement benefit costs
- Receive appropriate return on investment for reward expenditure
A new entrant into the survey for 2006 year was also cited which as not been found in previous surveys. “Increase employee responsibility for managing their own rewards budget” was noted for the first time.