A new benchmarking survey by the United Benefit Advisors sheds some light on current health plan enrollment among companies across the U.S. Almost 10,000 employers representing over 1.5 million workers in 2,700 cities responded to the survey.
- The average annual health plan cost per employee is $6,629, with an average employee cost of $2,031 and an average employer cost of $4,592.
- The average employer contribution to health reimbursement arrangements was $1,033 for single coverage and $1,965 for family coverage.
- Premiums increased an average of 8.6% this year, compared to 9.6% last year.
- Approximately 32% of all plans required no employee contributions.
- Among plans requiring contributions, employees contributed an average of 26.9% of the premium, or $88, for single coverage and 45.3% of the premium, or $361, for family coverage.