The right logo can do a lot for your small business. Logos show that you take yourself seriously and that you have a high quality, credible business. A good logo also attracts customers and expresses the benefits of your company.
If you are interested in creating a logo for your business consider these tips by Alan D. Abbey founder of Abbey Content Enterprises:
1) Make it unique. Don’t tweak someone else’s logo. You want to separate yourself and show that you are special.
2) Keep it simple. Don’t use too many colors, or you will have problems when you want to put your logos on print media that can only handle two or three. You also don’t want to be too showy. Flamboyancy looks unprofessional.
3) Make it relevant. The image you use should make a statement about your business. You don’t want to confuse your customers.
4) Don’t make it yourself. If you have enough money, hire a professional. If not, websites such as Instalogo can help you.
5) Test your logo. Ask other people what they think of it, and then refine it if need be.