How to set up a DBA in Nevada?
You are probably wondering what are the Nevada dba requirements and how can you file for one. The 2013 Nevada Revised Statutes, Chapter 602 governs the filing of the certificate for “Doing Business Under Assumed or Fictitious Name”.
It is important to note that Nevada DBA’s cannot be filed at the state level, and instead they have to be filed on the county level pursuant to NV Rev Stat § 602.010 (2013). Hence, the Nevada dba requirements for filing as well as name requirements vary from one county to another. Let’s look at an example to understand this:
If you are planning to establish your business in Clark County then you will have to file it at the Clark County Clerk’s Office, Box 551604, Las Vegas, NV 89155-1604. According to Nevada DBA requirements, you will have to file a “Certificate of Business: Fictitious Firm Name” along with a filing fee of $20, completed certificate as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope.
What if you opt to transact your business in Lyon County? In such a scenario, you will have to file it with the office of the Lyon County Clerk/Treasurer, 27 S. Main Street, Yerington, NV 89447. You will have to file the same form as above “Fictitious Firm Name” for Nevada DBA registration but the filing fee is different. In Lyon County the filing fee is $25.
The Nevada DBA registration form or certificate should contain the following information pursuant to NV Rev Stat § 602.020 (2013):
- The name of the business entity (Corporation, LLC, Partnership etc.)
- The physical address of the business entity
- The type of business that the said company wants to conduct
- The name of the LLC or business corporation or the person conducting the business
- The full name of each partner, member, or director who is a natural person
- The street address of each partner, member, or director who is a natural person
- It needs to be signed by a person of authority of partner, member, or director. The signature will be acknowledged by Notary Public, Deputy Clerk, or any other authorized officer